• 26,000gns a record for a NI Simmental female, and a sale centre record• 34 heifers average £5583.53, a sale record average and up by +£363• Denizes sell two heifers at 10,000gns• Islavale Peaches, Weaned Calf Champion, makes 9000gns The classy October 2022 born...
• Delfur Nifty and Delfur Weigela N12 win Reserve Interbreed Pairs In what was a ‘fantastic Friday’ for Delfur Farms, Rothes, Aberlour, the November 2022 born Simmental heifer Delfur Nifty won the Simmental Championship and the Overall Individual Interbreed on the...
Fishpool Poppy wins Female Championship & Overall Reserve Jack Heath wins Overall Young Handler with Tirley Natalie Popes Premier, Simmental & National Pedigree Calf Show Interbreed Champion At the opening day of the 2023 English Winter Fair held at...
NEW CLASSES INTRODUCED TO THE SIMMENTAL PEDIGREE YOUNGSTOCK SHOW AT THE 2023 BORDERWAY AGRI EXPO!
- Four new classes added in all, two in the bulls, and two in the heifers
- Show extended to twelve classes plus the Championships
- Closing date for entries is 25th September
The North West Simmental Breeders’ Club, in association with the British Simmental Cattle Society, is delighted to announce the addition of four new classes to the annual Simmental Pedigree Youngstock Show held within the Borderway Agri Expo at Carlisle, and this year on Friday 27th October.
Extending the age range for entries, two new classes have been introduced in both the bull and heifer sections and for animals born between 1st January 2022 and 31st March 2022; and also 1st April 2022 and 31st July 2022. The new schedule will now see twelve classes in all followed by the Championships, including an Overall Senior Champion, and an Overall Calf Champion. Thereafter there is a Pairs Class, and two classes for Young Handlers aged between 10 and 15 years; and 16 and 28 years.
Commenting, the North West Simmental Club Chairman Clive Houldey said: “The Simmental Calf Show has been a tremendous opportunity to show case pedigree Simmentals at what has become the largest one day autumn show in the UK. As such we are delighted to introduce these new classes and ‘upgrade’ the event name to Simmental Youngstock Show! We very much hope and anticipate that these additions extend the opportunities for Simmental breeders to promote and market their cattle and breeding potential.”
Endorsing these comments the British Simmental Cattle Society’s Chairman of Shows & Sales North John Barlow said: “There’s been a significant momentum at Simmental Society Bull Sales, breeders’ sales, and at new fixtures such as the Next Generation Sale of Females & Weaned Calves introduced at Carlisle. Shows such as this really provide a platform to promote and market Simmental stock to both commercial producers and pedigree breeders.”
Judging the extended schedule of classes will be Heather Duff from the noted Pitmudie pedigree herd at Menmuir, By Brechin, Angus.
To see the extended schedule then please click on the link:
Entries are now open and the pedigree entry form can be obtained through the following link:
The ‘upgraded’ North West Simmental Club Youngstock Show, in association with the British Simmental Cattle Society, represents the opportunity to put on another showcase of Simmental breeding and forward potential and is very much one to look forward to!